2010年12月11日，在伦敦的Trafalgar广场等世界的很多角落，《愤怒的小鸟》（Angry Birds）的粉丝们聚集在一起，身着游戏中小鸟角色或猪头角色的服饰，手抱两者造型的毛绒玩具，热情庆祝《愤怒的小鸟》诞生1周年，这一天被称为“愤怒 的小鸟节”。与此同时，在2010年岁尾，《愤怒的小鸟》毫无争议地成为苹果公司官方评选的“年度应用”之一。
《愤怒的小鸟》制作公司Rovio Mobile的公关负责人Ville Heijari向《商业价值》透露，截至周年纪念日，《愤怒的小鸟》已经在iOS平台卖出了1300万份，而来自于Android平台上面的带广告的免费 游戏，每月也能给Rovio Mobile带来100万美元的收入。现在，它的总下载次数已经达到了5000万次，超越了当年任天堂的头号经典游戏《超级马里奥》。每天人们花在这款游 戏上的时间共计两亿分钟。而《愤怒的小鸟》的研发费用仅仅为10万欧元。2010年2月的时候，Rovio Mobile才仅有9名全职员工。
《愤怒的小鸟》的号召力甚至使得微软迫不及待地在尚未和Rovio Mobile谈妥之前，便在Windows Phone7发布会上就宣布其平台已获得《愤怒的小鸟》的支持。结果却被该公司揭发这是个“谎言”，使得这个IT巨人大丢颜面。
在很多人看来，表情愤怒的小鸟以自身为弹射武器，报复偷走鸟蛋的猪头，摧毁猪头的简易城堡，之后取得金蛋——这种简单的情节设置看似与人们传统 印象中的“神作”概念并不搭配，但是《愤怒的小鸟》在某种程度上暗示了在新终端时代和新传播时代，娱乐工业和品牌世界的巨大转变，也证明了移动互联网世界 的确存在着一条新的成功路径，任何人都可能造就广泛的流行文化。
Winter has never looked this cool
- There’s a new theme to chill in: Christmas!
- Let it snow! Watch the ground on maps using the Christmas and Snow themes, because the falling snow may change it to your advantage or disadvantage.
- Are your enemies busy digging for oh-so-tasty earthworms instead of facing combat? Time to send a Drill Strike after them!
- You want to push somebody from distance? Weapons are too expensive for you? You like to play in dirt or snow? A Mud Ball* should do the trick! (*wind effected; not recommended to be used as food replacement)
Optional Gameplay modes
- Capture the Flag! Bring your enemy’s flag to your home while protecting your own!
- No Jumping! The temporary loss of floor contact makes you feel insecure? Then play without jumping and see new strategies evolve!
- Random Weapon! You want to test your luck and skill? Then let the game give you and your enemies a random weapon each turn!
Draw your own maps
- YES, you read that right! Now you can create and save your own hand-drawn maps and play them on any theme you want and with who you want! Note: Please do not use maps with motives not suitable for children on the official server, thanks!
Missions and new Mission Map
- Prove yourself worthy by mastering the missions Dangerous ducklings, Diver, Spooky Tree and Teamwork!
- Fight your friends or foes on the new Capture The Flag: Blizzard map!
New Game Modifiers
- Disable Wind if you prefer a nice calm over having your stuff blown away.
- More Wind will do the exact opposite and will make wind affect more things than usual!
- Rope Length set the rope length anywhere from 25% up to 10x the default length. Just keep in mind: longer is not always better.
And there is more!
- New hats beaver, porkey and sheep.
- Improved Interface Lets you access and modify your game settings more easily.
- Have your hogs speak! (chat bubbles) Even if it’s not your turn! Just type your chat message in “quotes”. (First digit in text will decide which one of your hogs will speak)
- ReadyTimer Gives you a few seconds to swap places in hotseat matches or just to realize it’s YOUR turn without already losing precious turn-time.
- More and prettier effects Because we all love them!
- Improved Lua Support All power to the scripters!
- Seed modification Gives you the possibility to play a game with different or exact the same “random” placements and events as before.
- Check out the ChangeLog if you want to see a more complete list of the changes.
This week’s patch is the final patch of 2010 and being the last patch we needed to make sure it’s a special one. We are very happy to announce that Night Time is coming to Need for Speed World in tomorrow’s patch!
The team has been working long and hard to make sure that World looks amazing at night and now it’s finally time for us to reveal it for all. Here is a little sneak peak of how the world is going to look at night.
New devastating weapons!
Show no mercy and let your hedgehog army fry, smash, poison and destroy your enemies like never before!
Not only will the Flamethrower, Hammer, Sticky Mines and Old Limburger take your sadism to a new level, they will also let you forge new strategies for giving your challenger a hard time.
And if you are willing to sacrifice a hog for a good cause then you’ll truly enjoy to wreak havoc behind enemy lines using the Piano Strike!
New powerful utilities!
You are lazy AND smart? You’ll love the Portal Gun! Move yourself, hogs and things from A to B etc. and back! Be daring, be creative, be nasty! 😀
Also don’t mourn your fallen hogs too much, because now you get a chance to bring them back to life using the Resurrector! Take care not to revive hogs that you want to stay dead though!
New Maps and Themes
Nowhere to run to, no place to hide!
Fight your enemies in the jungle, at construction sites, on stage and even in the minds of artists!
Improved interface and Lobby
We don’t only want you to have fun during the game, but also on the way getting there!
The new lobby should now do a better job of helping you to find the game you’re looking for!
Improved Lua Scripting Support
New chances to have your visions become brutal reality and fun for the community!
And there is more!
Prettier fire and effects!
Projectiles being fired from the weapons’ actual barrels!
More hats and new Forts!
Tweaked weapon and utility behaviours!
Still not enough?!
Then go check out to http://code.google.com/p/hedgewars/source/browse/ChangeLog.txt to see a more complete list of the additions and changes!
Well, that’s about it, have fun kicking some serious butt guys!
Especially the development of the portal gun has proven tricky, so be prepared for (hopefully) funny glitches 😛
Those will be hopefully removed in 0.9.15, which I promise* won’t be such a long wait again!
If you find an issue that’s not listed on http://code.google.com/p/hedgewars/issues/list , please submit it there!
Next week is going to be a big week because we’re launching version 5 of Need for Speed World!
On Tuesday, November 16th we’ll be bringing down the NFS World servers for several hours to deploy Version 5. Among the many changes in this new version is the new Performance Customization system. It’s finally time to get this cool new feature in your hands and we can’t wait to see how the community will tune their cars with the new system.
Keep your eye on the Need for Speed World site for more information on Performance Customization and the other changes coming in Version 5.
We are very excited to announce three new regions and 25 new race events will be added to Need for Speed World tonight! You’ll now be able to race through classic Need for Speed territory revisiting Rockport, Fortuna and Kempton. For those of you who’ve driven these streets before we can guarantee you’ll never have seen the cities looking as good as they do now. The World team have spent months going through the maps and tuning every element of the cities to bring a whole new level of detail to the game.
As well as the new regions we’ve included 25 new races spread across great new Sprint and Circuit events. New leaderboards will be available so you can show off your skills to the whole racing World.
This is just the first in a series of very cool updates we’ve got planned for World so stayed tuned and we’ll see you on the streets.
新增的3个地区为Rockport, Fortuna 和 Kempton。不多说，上图。
而对于在9月8日前已经购买了新手包的玩家，他们将得到7天的 BMW M3 GTR, the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 和 Audi R8 4.2 FSI Quattro 作为“小礼物”。